Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kiawah & The FLU



The "Happy Couple" Not Knowing What is About to Hit

My "Room Service" Flu Diet - started with chicken broth, 2nd day chef thought I was ready for broth AND veggies--yipee!

Our View

Yes, it's true...Chris had the opportunity to play in a golf tournament (I know that's a shocker!!!) at Kiawah Island & I was invited to come along. Both sets of grandparents graciously agreed to keep the girls while we were gone (Sat - Tues). Cha-Cha called & said everyone at their home had had the flu, so we didn't want to chance LG & MJ getting it, so off to Honey & Papa's they went. Fri. morning I woke up with a "scratchy" throat but didn't think much of it. Everything is dandy, the girls are situated and off to Kiawah we go for a romantic get-away/golf tournament (I think that's an oxymoron-ha). Sat. morning on the trip down I started getting a "head cold" (so I thought) & by the time we got home from a delicious dinner Sat. night, oh yeah, you know it...I HAD THE FLU!!! So what did I do to enjoy my stay while at a 5 star hotel in Kiawah??? You guessed it...stayed in bed with chills, sweats, a headache, a cough, aches & pains and other unmentionables!!! Chris did open our balcony door so I could hear the waves and look at the beautiful view. I lived on dry toast, chicken broth & gingerale & was grateful that I had peace & quiet while recovering!!! I guess the Lord thought I REALLY needed some rest! Thanks to Chris for being a great nurse! By the way, he & Sandy came in 2nd place!!!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Oh Hope! That's the life of a mother. Just when you've got it all under control and you can actually enjoy some "me" time....watch out! Look at the bright side, you had a beautiful place to "recover" and your kids were well taken care of.