Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Precious Moments

The following conversation took place yesterday morning, before school, while LG was brushing her teeth. I had walked into the kitchen from the hallway bathroom thinking I would get breakfast ready while she finished up.

LG called out: "mama, I don't want you to be somewhere else..."
Mom calling back: "Oh, I was just fixing your breakfast" (which, by the way, consisted of a cereal bar & pouring a sippy cup of milk to take with us in the car).
LG: "but, I'm lonely...I want you to be with me."

How precious...a grin appeared on my face as I thought 'it's so nice to be "wanted" as a mom'. I stopped pouring & went & sat on the toilet (with the lid closed, of course) & watched LG brush her teeth. She was so content & happy just to have me there. I remember as a child wanting my mom to always be with me - whether I was taking a bath, cleaning my room (ok, that didn't really happen much), watching tv, whatever, I just wanted mom to be with me. Don't you just know this is what our Heavenly Father desires of us...

4 comments:

Keely said...

Ok, you are making me cry. That is so precious. And yes, what a way to think of our "parent" the Heavenly Father wanting us to want Him to be with us every minute.

Trish said...

You are SO right! I have moments like this with Sam too and it reminds me to stop...take a minute...and just "be" with my child. It won't be long before they won't want us anywhere near!

Susan NiƱo said...

Hi Hope! I found you through a comment on Stacy's blog. Your children are precious and very beautiful.

I am home from work sick today. My little man is 3 and the most wonderful little boy ever!

I didn't read much as I am feeling woosy and need to get back to the couch. I will be back.

Peace..

Julie Scott said...

Very well said, Hope!!!