Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Maddie James

The Day Maddie James was born...

Oh, it's time...................................Here, she comes!

Wwwaaaa.........sweet music to our ears!

Mommy's Mini-Me.............PROUD sister & Daddy!

Daddy & I waited patiently for you to arrive. You were born on my birthday, November 1st, 2007. Lola Grace spent the night with Cha-Cha & Doc on Halloween after trick-or-treating with Honey & Papa. I was supposed to arrive at 6 am to be induced on Nov. 1st. MCCG called us at 5 am & said they were full & would call us to come in as soon as they had a bed so Daddy & I went back to sleep. So, the waiting began...of course, my contractions started slowly, too.
Daddy & I stayed at the house until we got the awaited call at 2:45 pm - they had a bed for us! We took some last pics at home of you in my belly. We arrived at OB Assessment around 3:30 pm - filled out the necessary paperwork, put on my gown (so attractive), ran my iv (my veins busted 3x before they got it in - left huge bruises for weeks on my arm), hooked me up to machines that tracked my contractions & we waited some more in my room there while they got our room ready in Labor & Delivery. Dr. Durso came by around 5:30 pm in OB Asses. & was frustrated that they didn't have a room ready for us. He wanted to start my pitocin in OB & the nurse wouldn't let him.
We finally got a room in L&D around 6:30 pm. They started my pitocin & my contractions picked up. I asked for my epidural & of course, just like with Lola Grace, it didn't work all the way! I was definitely feeling some pain! Honey & Papa arrived right as I was getting my epidural...I was around 4 cm. I was 6 cm around 9:15 pm. I kept feeling pressure & told the nurses...they checked me 30 min. later & I was complete at 10 cm! It was time to push...the nurse looked at me & said, "whatever you do, don't push." They called Dr. D & told him I was complete & he rushed to the hospital! I had another wonderful delivery, pushed for about 20 min., & out you came! Dr. D used the vacuum to help get your head out (did this with LG, too). Papa was videoing , Daddy had the camera & Honey was right by my side. We were all so ecstatic when you were born & had dark hair!
Next thing I knew, Dr. D was leaving & C-C, Doc, LG, Uncle Dave & Brynna were coming in the room. Everyone was so excited to meet you! LG was ecstatic - all she wanted to do was hold you ALL BY HERSELF! Daddy tried to help her & she said, "No, Daddy, I can do it by myself!" After everyone left, it was just me, you & Daddy. You spent the night in the nursery & they would bring you to me to breastfeed throughout the night.
We are blessed to have you, sweet MJ! We will celebrate your birthday tomorrow...more to come!

4 comments:

Keely said...

Oh, that is so sweet. I loved hearing about MJ's birth-what a wonderful, birthday blessing you got!
Happy Birthday to both of you!

courtney said...

What a beautiful story! I hope you and MJ had a wonderful birthday!

Susan NiƱo said...

I hope you both had a wonderful birthday! I loved reading the story of MJ's birth! I believe your blog will be one I frequent. It's more difficult now to read all the blogs I am interested in - b/c I work a stressful sales job at the moment and am involved in lots of church ministries, a book club and community work. I wish many blessings this coming week for you and your precious family.

Keely said...

Hope, Gertrude is over and I was showing her pics from your blog and she said that the shot of you after Maddie was born looks like a glamour shot instead of someone who just had a baby! ha. I thought that was cute and it's true.