Sunday, July 20, 2008

Monday - Watercolor & Street Dance


Happy Girls........swing yur partner, round & round!

Time to say goodnight!

OK, for the record, I'm a "wanna-be" artist. Lately, I have been interested in painting & the Watercoloring class gave me the opportunity I needed. Lynne Baldwin was our teacher all week & she was amazing...extremely talented, helpful & encouraging! I enjoyed EVERY minute of it. We had class in Jackson Hall cabin every morning & painted from 9:45 - 12:00 then I walked to pick up the girls. The cabin windows & door were open so we could feel the breeze, hear (not see) the kids happily playing nearby (and NOT be responsible for them - the BEST part), listen to the birds, feel creative, stare into space, meet new friends, watch others paint, give/receive compliments, ask questions, learn, mix colors, watch ants crawl around (honestly, this bothered me at first, but then I learned to just watch them & not have the desire to get rid of them). I found painting to be so peaceful, mind-clearing & relaxing.

Lynne started the class with a sunset painting...I, of course, thought, I don't want to paint a sunset...so I picked a picture of the Kanuga waterfront (one of my favorite views) & went to work...and...then...quickly realized I should have done the sunset so I could follow Lynne & learn as I go. Oh, well...next year I will follow her lead!

After dinner we took the girls to the Street Dance with the Whitewater Bluegrass Band - what fun!

No comments: