Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friday - Wine Glasses, Road Race & Dam Swim


Here they come......Daddy putting on LG's running shoes


And, they're off........Comin' round (up) the mtn...


The WINNERS
Tybee Glasses for Honey & Papa

Another great day...I painted wine glasses & Chris ran in the Road Race - yes, he won the WHOLE thing. LG ran in the Fun Run (Daddy ran with her) - she didn't quite know what she had gotten herself in to but she finished and came in 1st for the 3 & 4 year olds (and yes, she ran in a skirt) - we were all so proud of her!

After lunch Chris & I enjoyed a walk around the lake while H & P read on the porch & listened out for "napping" MJ through the baby monitor. Memories...turtle on limb in lake, spider webs, forest "feel", tree roots along the path, children's laughter swimming in the lake, fresh air, clear blue sky, beautiful clouds, geese in lake, wonderful talks, beautiful views, rugged terrain, small cliffs leading to lake, tranquility, splashing, trees, trees & more trees, natural, relaxing, peaceful.

Chris & I did the 5 o'clock "dam" swim- all the way to the lake dam and back! Pretty exhausting...I was so proud of myself! Lifeguard Ben followed us with the yellow board & a noodle (that I made him take in case I came close to death & needed to stop, as if the yellow board he was on & the lifeguard rescue float wasn't enough). But I am proud to say, I swam the WHOLE way (1/2 mile) without needing help - ok, I needed help but I refused it - I'm determined when I want to be-ha! And, yes, I'm STILL sore!

After dinner, LG went fishing with B & C & then we enjoyed the Talent Show followed by the slide show from the week.

No comments: