Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend at Tybee

After LG's ballet recital, we went home, picked up MJ, packed the car & headed to Tybee...(well, actually we made a quick stop by H & P's for CW to help P load up a frig. from their basement in the rain in the U-Haul, that P drove to Tybee with 2 dogs :)) What a great weekend even though the weather wasn't great each day. We enjoyed AJ's, Sunrise, Marlin Monroe's, the beach, golf (well, the guys did), the Wii - I beat Chris in bowling & no I will not play him again so I can remain victorious, the rat - aka possum, icecream, sleep, poker, walks, meeting new beach friends, bouncing angels, hot tub, laughs, jellyfish - the "nice" kind, naps, Uncle Pi time, drawing, icepops, ocean breeze, feeding seagulls, people watching, tidal pools, watching the sun break through the clouds, rain on the beach, waves, and yes, there was an LG "conversation" as we were watching a show about marriage...
M: "Who do you think you will marry?"
LG: "I don't know?...but, God's pickin one out, right?"
M: "That's right!"
LG (real serious): "But, NOT one that's ALREADY married, right?"
M (holding in my laugh): "That's right..."
M (a few minutes later, knowing she has an answer): "So, who do you think you'll marry?"
LG (grinning): "W" - so precious & innocent.

LG soaking it up - - - - - - MJ on a mission

Our "friendly" jellyfish - - - - - - - - Tidal pool

Beau - www.beauslocumb.blogspot.com - - proud workers


Nothing like sleeping in your new raft

2 comments:

courtney said...

Poor MJ didn't get to go to the recital? Having just taken Libby to the movies, I can completely understand!

(I don't want to be accused of being a stalker...)

Unknown said...

That one was hard to follow with all the initials!! I need to get to know your family a little more. lol Great to see you & the crew in Tybee. I knew I recognized that kid when I saw her outside!