Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sleeping in the Tub

UPDATE: Poor little MJ is finally over her stomach bug. Yesterday was the first day that she didn't throw up - this was the strangest bug. She didn't get sick on Sat. so I thought she was over it & then she continued throwing up every other day for a WEEK! Daddy ended up having a 24 hour bug on Wednesday, too - yuck! Be gone, bug, be gone...

Around 6 pm Friday night I heard MJ fussing in her crib...what did I find when I opened the door? Yep, throw up...aaaggghhh! I immediately took her to the bathroom & placed her in the tub...thank goodness, because then, there was MORE throw up. I drained the "throw up" water & refilled the tub. I remember when LG was about this age she did the same thing...throw up & then be COMPLETELY fine? Until..."it" came again. I basically walked behind MJ the whole time she was awake & as soon as I heard "the noise" I prepared myself. At first she wanted me to hold her so I kept a towel with me to catch "it." When she decided she was ready to walk around Chris & I had a discussion about what we could use to catch "it"...see Exhibit A (Daddy) & B (Mama) ...

Exhibit A - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Exhibit B

Although Daddy had a great suggestion I went with my own - afterall, I was the one who had to catch "it." Just envision sweet little MJ walking around, I hear the warning noise coming from her little body & immediately move her to the hardwood floors (can't have throw up on the rugs) and start SHOVING the green thing in her face HOPING she will ring it! Of course, she's in the midst of throwing up & is NOT real excited about having this in her face & is making me quite aware of this by moving her face AWAY from the green thing - yeh...I'll just let you imagine. Didn't work out so well. Once bedtime arrived, I knew I couldn't put her in her crib...oh, the horror! So...where did she sleep? THE BATHTUB...without water, of course! Daddy made her a cozy little palette & she was sound asleep before we knew it! EASY clean up, too! It was rough from about 6pm to 9 pm, but, then all was well. Thank you, Lord-Please keep the rest of us well!

My pale lil baby - - - - - - - - - Sucking those fingers

Mornin', wait, where am I?

5 comments:

Julie Scott said...

Great Post - I'll have to keep this idea in mind for future episodes @ our house!

Trish said...

I cannot believe she went to sleep in the tub! Brice would NEVER. Fortunately, we haven't had much throw up at the Whitley house so we've never had to resort to these measures. Good thinking!

Keely said...

Hope MJ is feeling better and that none of you got it. I learned something and will remember that tip for the future!

Anonymous said...

that is genius! and funny!

courtney said...

Bless her little heart!