Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Party...

MJ took 3 naps today in order to "get ready" for her birthday party...and when she woke up from her 3rd one, right as her guests were arriving, boy was she ready to party!

After a little playing outside, eating pizza & good ol' family fellowship, it was time for some cake!

Shortly after my candle was lit, Mommy moved away to take some pictures so I decided to try & touch the FLAME of the candle while everyone yelled, "nnnnoooooo!" in what seemed like slow motion. Before I knew it, Papa was playing his DOBRO & everyone sang HB to me...I didn't really understand why everyone was starring at me & singing the same song all together! Next, LG & all of my cousins starting blowing at me - oh, wait, they blew out my candle! This is one weird family...

Daddy introduced me to my birthday cake and, well, I think the pics prove that I loved it! Mommy & LG made a special cupcake for me (and mommy burned most of the others - oh well).
After cake & a pic of the family (yes, I STOOD in my highchair to prove I am now a big girl), it was time for a wipe down, a little relaxation in Honey's lap with a bottle & then on to presents. LG loved opening all of my presents for me.
Yes, I love talking on my new cellphone & carrying my keys...Mommy just hopes I will leave hers alone now! Um, Wilson, I think my babydoll is upside-down?
Uncle Pi, I need to program your number in my cell.
Thanks for my precious clothes, toys, pj's & most of all for helping me celebrate my 1st birthday! I hope my cousins enjoy their whoopi cushions, bubbles & nail polish - great party favors if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

Keely said...

Looks like a fun party! Happy B-day MJ. I love the beads and the special B-day hat you wore!