Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1st Day at FPD


LG "The Star" with her proud parents

Papa, Honey (phone), LG & Uncle Pi - MJ didn't want to be left out!

Well, I took LG for her 1st day of Pre-K this morning...Uncle Pi came over to keep MJ, so he & Papa were at our house before LG & I left.

During our drive, LG & I talked excitedly about the fact that she was FINALLY going to FPD -- she has really been looking forward to this! We parked the car & walked hand in hand, in the rain, (with the umbrella) into her new adventure as an FPD Pre-K'er. As we entered the building & found her classroom she didn't want to go in. We were still holding hands & I said, "Come on, I'll stay with you." I GENTLY (as only mothers can do) pulled on her arm to walk into the room & she didn't budge. She was just a LITTLE overwhelmed (as was I) with all the people & commotion. I picked her up & we made our way into Mrs. Carol & Mrs. Memorie's Pre-K classroom...the walls were decorated, kids were playing, parents were taking pics, it was a buzzin'. Mrs. Carol came over & introduced herself to LG, asked LG if she could find her nametag & we were ready to check this place out. I quickly scanned the room for some girls (there are only 5 in her class of 15) & pointed to 2 little girls that were off playing but LG found her own little space instead & wanted me to sit & watch her play - which, of course, I did. Shortly after, Kate arrived & after a little hesitation from LG, I went next door to the parent meeting while she & Kate stayed & played.

Uncle Pi, MJ & I picked LG up and she was ALL smiles...When Uncle Pi asked what she had learned, she put her pointer finger over her lips and said, "be a good listener." We then headed to Papa's, picked up Shelly's "to go" & enjoyed lunch in Papa's office together.

Lola Grace, I am so proud of how brave you were this morning! I am so excited for you & the many memories that you will make while at FPD. I pray that you will have an exceptional year in Pre-K & make many special friends. I love you!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I'm crying....just with the thought that our time is coming....in another year! I love the way you documented her special day.

Keely said...

What an exciting day for all of you! I know you are proud. How did you feel that day walking her in school?
It was so good to see Cleve too! I haven't seen him since your wedding, hope you all had a good visit.

Anonymous said...

how fun! betcha never thought this day would come!