Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wilson House Mother's Day

Well, a tornado came through Macon over the weekend and we just got our power back yesterday around 1:30 pm...SOOOOO, needless to say our Mother's Day plans of having MJ dedicated at Church and then having a celebratory lunch with family afterwards did NOT happen!!!

We woke up to tornado sirens around 5:30 am Sunday and wondered why we were SO HOT - oh, we have NO ELECTRICITY - no phone, no tv, no light, no fan...NOTHING!!! Around 7:30 am we started calling family from my cellphone (Chris' had no power left) to see what the heck was going on. Around 8:00 am we started scrambling trying to decide how we were going to get everyone ready for MJ's dedication - don't you LOVE Sunday mornings (not to mention, Mother's Day) when everyone is FREAKING OUT before even making it out the door for Church - makes me laugh just thinking about it!!! I told Chris I thought we should just bag the dedication and he said, "We can't miss our own childs' baby dedication" to which I answered, "OH, YES, WE CAN!!! IF I DON'T GET TO TAKE A SHOWER & FIX MY HAIR I'M NOT GOING!!!" Yea, I'm known for being a loving, submissive wife - hee, hee. At this point we have 30 minutes before we are expected at church - ladies, we ALL know that ain't happening!!! And, it didn't...Church was cancelled, the Wilson clan road around town and looked at the damage, went to Krystal at 11:30 - waited in the drive-through for 10 minutes, placed our lunch order & she said, "sir, we are still serving breakfast"! And the hits keep on coming! I think I'll pretend this Mother's Day didn't happen.

On a serious note, we were VERY fortunate that nothing happened to our home! Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering how y'all were doing. we didn't have any damage either. just a mess in the yard that still we have not cleaned up yet.

Keely said...

Wow, too funny! You are definately making memories! I am glad that there wasn't any damage.