Thursday, May 8, 2008

More Car Conversations

LG: "Mama, when I grow up I'll marry a husband, right?"
Mom: "That's right."
LG: "And I want to have 5 babies in my tummy."
M: "That's a lot of babies...remember how big mommy's tummy was with just MJ in it?"
LG: "Yeah, but I can have 5 in mine."
(Don't worry, I'll whip out this blog when LG is pregnant, with hopefully no more than twins, for her sake.)
LG: "See the white clouds, mama?"
M: "Yeah, the sky sure is pretty today."
LG: "I wish I could be in the sky."
M: "You do? What would you do up there?"
LG: "Just play...jump on the clouds...it would be so fun!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LG (as MJ is loudly crying in the car): "Mama, I don't want a baby anymore!"
M: "You don't? Who do you want to give her to?"
(LG is VERY surprised by this ? from me b/c I usually say LG we don't say things like that...that is not nice...that will hurt MJ's feelings, etc.)
LG: "I don't know" (with concern in her voice).
M: "Maybe we can just leave her on the beach?
LG: "Mama, we can't do that!"
M: "Why not? She'll be ok. I think she would like it."
LG: (after some 4 yr. old "deep" thinking silence) "Mama, I think I just want to keep her."
M: "OK, that's probably a good idea."

I tell you, it's hard "out-smarting" a 4 year old - HA!
And yes, we all LOVE you, MJ, and you're NOT going anywhere!!!

1 comment:

The Preston Family said...

Do you need to remind her of "love your neighbor as yourself"??? :) Too cute!