Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January

2012 has started off well!  We have closed on selling our Athens ASP franchise...thank you, Lord for sending us a buyer!

MCC practice is off to a good start.  This is my first year singing backup & I'm really enjoying it.  CW & I are singing in the same song & then he's singing some other songs, too.

MJ: "Mama, my ears are not turned on and they won't turn on until I get to school, otay"?
(One morning while getting ready for school)

Jan. 22 - Hunter asked me to speak to NMPC for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.  I did not want to as this is out of my comfort zone, but, felt like I did not want to miss this opportunity God was giving me to share my story.  I was SO nervous, voice shaking, hands shaking, head shaking, basically my whole body was shaking, BUT, I did it and God walked me through it.  It was neat looking into the audience and seeing LG watch me.  When I was done she had a huge grin on her face and had her hands ready to clap!  So sweet. I'm glad I did it!  Thank you, Lord.

The girls were playing outside having a ball. It was nice out so I had the doors open to enjoy the fresh air. They came to get me to show me what they were playing--they took lots of small toys outside & sat on top of my car, MJ on the hood; LG on the roof, and had the best time helping each other climb onto & off of the car. While I walked throught the living room a bird caught my attention. Apparently the bird had taken advantage of the open doors. I told the girls & said we needed to be very quiet & still and think of a way to help the bird go back outside. LG immediately went to her room and cahnged into her old bluebird ballet costume (age 4) and asked me if she "acted" like a bird, maybe the bird would follow her. By this point, the bird had somehow made it's way into the laundry room where there is a door to the backyard. We closed the door to the laundry room and opened the door to the yard & LG stood outside chirping & flapping her "wings" while MJ held the door open. The bird flew right out...priceless.

MJ came into my room late one night and asked me if that was me or Dace crying? I muted the tv & heard what she was talking about. I made my way to LG's room & asked her what was wrong? She told me she had a bad dream, we talked through it & I did my best to comfort her. By this point, MJ had made her way into LG's room and joined us on the bed and began comforting LG too. We were both rubbing her back telling her how much we love her and that we were sorry she had such a terrible dream. Daddy arrived home from MCC practice & joined us, too! LG asked if MJ could sleep with her & of course we agreed. I sure do love you girls. We are so blessed to be a family. I love the fact that you care so deeply about each other and hope that you will always have a special bond that only sisters can have. Mama loves you.

We enjoyed a family night/game night on Friday. The girls chose to eat dinner at Moe's and then we came home and played the Princess game, HiHo Cheerio, & the Hungry Catepillar game. While at Moe's, MJ was picking up some napkins off the floor and some how knocked some salsa off the table that landed in her eye! I thought she had just bumped her head on the table, but, when she looked up, it was obvious the salsa had "attacked" her. We made a brief trip outside, cleaned her up (and me by this point), shared some hugs & made our way back inside for dinner :). Other than the salsa escapade, we had a ball! Daddy (of course) won ALL three games!

No comments: