Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY, OMA!


Yes, you read that correctly...Chris' grandmother turns 100 today!

We flew to Washington, DC on Saturday & had a celebration on Sunday at noon. There were 100 guests, a slide show, gifts, a delicious buffet & Kathleen gave a fabulous "look back" on Oma's life that was amazing. Jennifer had put together a whole other slide show for Kathleen's presentation. The day was full of laughter, fellowship & tears! We ended the 4 hour party with champagne toasts & cake. AND, not to mention, Oma got up in front of everyone & gave a "speech" & blessed the food! She is truly amazing & LOVED every minute of her celebration!

Woody, her 90 year old brother & only living sibling out of 9, came in from California to celebrate too. On the ride home, Chris said, "Well, Oma, are you tired?" And, without skipping a beat, she said, "no." We were exhausted!

Just a few memories:
-Dave's "smelly breath" neighbor on the flight over - coffee filter & an unmentionable mixed together
-2 hour rental car fiasco - Seinfeld episode (except Seinfeld is FUNNY)!
(FASTBREAK...not so fast. Notice Dave & Cha-Cha inside CALMLY asking WHERE ARE OUR CARS?????)
-Sitting in gum waiting on rental car - atleast I had TIME to pick it off my pants.
-Awesome hotel
-Mexican restaurant for dinner
-Woody stories
(check out that belt & tie)
-B.H. talks
-Tucker tee-teeing on Brian's shoe - he was so glad to see you!
-Shopping
-Bye, bye BB&T corporate credit card - whoops.
-Pizza at Oma's house
-Cheesecake Factory for dinner: "whatever song", asparagus story.
-Flight home: As I find my seat & sit down, the guy I have to crawl over is eating a bag of M&M's...you know I couldn't resist my urge & so I ask him: "do you mind if I have a couple of those?" He looks at me like I've LOST my mind, and then offers me the bag. Of course, I told him, I was just joking. And, yes, he was relieved...no, I didn't take any!

2 comments:

Keely said...

That M&M story is hilarious- you crack me up! I once sat next to this man on a plane who sneezed a lugi on my arm- I am not even kidding. It was just sitting there on my arm and I had to use one of those plane pillows they give you to wipe it off. For a germ a phobe like me, it was quite traumatic!

The gum on your butt was classic.

100 is something to be celebrated, that's awesome. I hope we can look that good at 100!

By the way, I am loving that tie and belt the guy has on!

payton said...

Awesome pictures of the Wilson crew! Gum on your but is so typical.