Sunday, June 22, 2008

Monday - Louisianna Lagnappe

The EMPTY pool

OK, so we ALL know that Chris had to work in a golf round which is ok b/c he does this every year. But, this year was a little different...he & Brian left at 7 am and didn't return until after 3 pm - let's be honest, oh yeah, you know I was LIVID! The fact that someone POOPED in the pool (therefore, it was CLOSED all day) did not help, so I was in our condo with the girls for 8 HOURS b/c I didn't want to take both of them to the beach alone and Chris had the car so we couldn't go anywhere. He said he would be home around 1 pm so around 1:30 I called his cell phone to check on his e.t.a. and NOTHING...it goes automatically to voicemail! Oh, boy, now I'm REALLY steaming (My heart rate is increasing as I type this...so absurd)! I am out on the balcony as he comes bee-boppin' in - "Hey, Babe...did ya'll have a good day?" He takes one look at my face & realizes that was NOT the question he should have asked me. I snap back with, "I thought you were going to be home around 1:00???" He quickly looks at his watch & realizes that this discussion is going to be NO GOOD! My part went a little somethin' like this, "You SAID you would be home around 1:00 & you get home AFTER 3:00, I called your phone & it wasn't even on, I have been in this condo for 8 HOURS straight with the girls, someone pooped in the pool (like that's his fault), you had the car so we couldn't go anywhere & you didn't even call me to let me know that you would be 2 hours late?...Did you even THINK to call me & let me know????" (I am laughing as I type this & relive it in my mind!) Pour guy didn't even know what had hit him at this point! He did a little explaining, apologizing & we moved on b/c we were due at dinner with the family in about 2 hours & had to get everyone ready...


LG stayed with J, B, L & KS back at the condos (including an oreo eating contest) & we took W & MJ with the adults to dinner...we LOVE some Louisianna Lagnappe! The memory of the night was Dave telling his many "QUIET" stories...so quiet no one in the restaurant looked at our table the whole evening...yea, right! B & S are working on having their own condo next year (hee, hee) so they left early with W while we all stayed for some dessert. Despite a questionable start (due to the earlier golfing 'issues'), it turned out to be an enjoyable evening...I can always count on Dave to lift my spirits (& Chris for that matter)! Thanks Doc & Cha-Cha for a great dinner! Love you, Babe! And, yes, I forgive you.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I'm LOL reading this! So typical of any one of us and our (precious, what would we do without them) husbands! I missed you but so glad yall had what was obviously an awesome time!