Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heaven

LG has been very curious about Heaven lately & has asked several times, "Mama, how do you get to Heaven?" I have simply told her to ask God to forgive her sins & invite Jesus into her heart to be her Savior. That's alot for some adults to swallow, much less a 4 year old! So today, she brings the Heaven question up again, and I give her my same answer. She responds with, "Well, mama, I prayed & asked Jesus to take me to Heaven & He didn't take me?" (How sweet is that? Thank you, Lord, for NOT taking her YET). Now, I'm really pondering what to tell her, so I answer with, "well, you won't go to Heaven until you die." And she comes right back with, "but Mama, how am I going to ask Jesus to take me to Heaven if I'm dead?" I can just see those wheels turning! I explained to her that this is the reason why we need to ask Jesus to be our Savior while we are alive, so when we die, we will go to Heaven...ok, now I'm exhausted but so blessed that I have been given the opportunity to talk to LG about this...it is truly amazing to me the discussions that we can have with our children! LG, I pray that you accept Christ as your Savior at an early age & I praise God for placing this desire in your heart. I love you!

No comments: