Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Little Flower Girl

LG, Daddy & I took a little (ok, not so little...5 hours) roadtrip to Nashville, Tennessee this past weekend for Bill & Tyler's wedding. We left Friday morning & enjoyed a beautiful drive. LG watched dvd's, colored, ate & watched more dvd's. We showed her the mountains as we drove & even saw some snow. I told her to look at the snow, and she said, "mama, are you just teasing?" I don't think she's ever seen real snow?


Once we arrived in Nashville, we quickly got ready & rushed to the Church for the rehearsal. Afterwards, we made our way back to Gaylord for a beautiful rehearsal dinner where LG proceeded to fall asleep after eating. When she received her plate with a filet, chicken, mashed pots & green beans, she looked at me & said, "no thanks, mama...I just want a grilled cheese." (This polite attitude came AFTER they had served her a salad & she scrunched her nose up turned her head & said "I don't want that." I quickly told her that was not nice manners & just to tell me QUIETLY if she didn't want something...oh, the joys of 4 year olds...

Saturday morning we were up & off to the wedding day brunch. The food was delicious & Tyler looked amazing...as did Bill :-) As we left, they had wrapped iced cookies in the shape of a bride, a wedding cake with B & T's initials & a tux - so good! Daddy, LG, Cha Cha & Doc then went to see the "Leaf Lady."


By 1pm we were in the car leaving for the Church...once everyone was dressed, we drove to a field to take pictures - it was a little chilly - ok, really chilly, so LG ended up with my jacket & my boots, while I walked on the damp ground in my socks - yeh, my socks ended up in the trash. I didn't know we were taking pics outside, so I had not brought shoes for LG other than her ballet slippers that she wore in the wedding. What Mama's will do for their babies, right?



The wedding & reception were amazing! Tyler's sister, Cameron, sang with 2 other bridesmaids - it was unbelievable! Bill & Tyler are such a precious couple & their wedding was truly a celebration. Lola Grace did an outstanding job walking down the aisle...we were so proud of her! We then headed back to Gaylord, as LG serenaded the car with Christmas carols (thanks to Roonie's sister & husband). LG changed into her "musical" skirt that B & T gave her for being the flower girl (& yes, she still wanted to wear her "flower girl" headband) & off we went to watch the fountain show & returned to get a great night's rest...

This was LG's attire when we left the next morning - still a flower girl with bunny & blankie in tow...

No comments: