Monday, December 8, 2008

"L" is for Ladybug


LG "making"red frosting & cutting marshmellows for eyes


TA-DA! Our finished product...ladybug cupcakes!

At the beginning of the year the Pre-K parents were asked to sign up to bring snacks for a particular letter. I chose "L" for Lola Grace. When I got the reminder that it was time for the "L" snack I started racking my brain for ideas...yeh, nothing. The suggestions on the reminder were licorice, lemon squares & lemonade. I quickly got on my laptop & searched for "L" snacks...who would have guessed...ladybug cupcakes! I HAD to make them. LG took them today along with Capri Sun lemonade for snack...she was so proud of our creation!

3 comments:

courtney said...

VERY impressive. You really make us mom's who send store bought cookies look bad!

Robyn said...

Hi Hope! I actually came across your blog while reading Bring the Rain - Angie's blog. For some reason your name and story stood out and I clicked on your link. I grew up in Macon and I think your name sounds familiar to me. I have always been good friends with Kristi Connell Redmond and I may have heard your name through her. Anyways, I thought I would say hello, introduce myself (I'm Robyn) and say that I have the same hair problem with my second daughter who has very curly hair. I know of no other remedy than to use detangling spray every morning and drench her hair with it until I can get a comb through it. Have you thought about using a satin pillowcase?
Oh, and the lady bug cupcakes are adorable! My girls love ladybugs!
Merry Christmas!
Robyn Beall

Keely said...

Those look awesome! What a memory in making those- LG will never forget it. You are such a great mom!