Tuesday, December 23, 2008

13 YEARS


Our sweet friends...

Down the aisle with Papa - - - Married to Daddy

Well, girls, your mama & daddy have been married for 13 years today. We met in highschool when mama was in 9th grade & daddy was in 10th grade. Daddy had just gotten his drivers license the week of our 1st date! Honey & Papa loved him from the moment he walked in our front door! When we broke up for a couple of months when I was a h.s. senior & daddy a freshman at GSU, daddy & Honey were secretly talking on the phone scheming on how to get us back together. Honey told him to have a date with a pretty girl, which he did, & it worked! I came sprinting back to him. Of course I didn't know any of this while it was taking place! Daddy "gave" me 1 quarter in college & then proposed to me out on a family trip in Steamboat, Colorado...I was SO EXCITED! Actually, I had a feeling that he was going to propose to me out there, so I acted like a spoiled brat until he actually proposed & gave me the ring - but that's a story for another day! We decided to get married in December & since daddy was playing football the date that worked was the 23rd - 2 DAYS before Christmas! It was such a festive time! Nay-Nay married us & I STILL remember what an amazing job he did - his words were so special that night. We celebrated at the reception, changed & then headed to atlanta for our honeymoon. We were so hungry we stopped at Burger King for our 1st "married" meal together...now that is true love!
I love your daddy & am truly blessed to have him as my husband. I thank the Lord for picking him out for me & bringing us together. My prayer is that the Lord will bring both of you a loving, christian, protective, supportive, humorous husband like Daddy!

1 comment:

Keely said...

Happy Anniversary- I just can't believe that was 13 years ago! It was a nice night!