Thursday, August 12, 2010

1st Day of 1st Grade


Meet & Greet


Looking big in that seat



One last photo op........heading to 1st grade



Well the four of us piled in the car this morning to take LG to her first day of 1st grade...how exciting! She jumped out of the car with a huge grin on her face. Yesterday, there was a meet & greet so she could meet her teacher (same teacher Daddy had for 3rd grade at FPD).


I have already been awarded the "coolest" mom award for the school year. Yes, I actually packed a princess sippy cup in LG's lunch bag today!!! I had water bottles in the dishwasher, but, actually thought to myself, as I packed the sippy cup, "well, it IS a princess one...it should be fine!" Um, not so much! LG didn't even take it OUT of her lunch bag, so, needless to say, she had NOTHING to drink ALL day! Poor child. My heart skips a few beats just imagining her peering into her lunch bag all excited to find what I had packed for her 1st lunch and low and behold...drumroll...sippy cup alert! Her heart was probably pounding, too, hoping that NO ONE had a visual on the sippy cup. I have since apologized and moved on to more age-appropriate drinking paraphernalia for my 1st grader...can you say d.e.n.i.a.l?

1 comment:

payton said...

That is too funny! I can see the look of horror on LG's face when she sees the princess sippy cup in the bag. Mom!