Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful in 2010


We had a fabulous, relaxing Thanksgiving at home this year! Uncle Pi, Doc and Cha-Cha joined us for a wonderful lunch. Unlce Pi and Daddy deep fried the turkey on the front porch...yes, you read that correctly! Daddy had trouble getting the fryer to work & LG could tell that we were getting a little stressed and said, "don't look at me; I'm JUST a kid!" We all laughed. I started calling around hoping to find an already cooked turkey - Fresh Market, S&S, Kroger, Wal-Mart - no answer anywhere! As I hung up the phone I heard Daddy say, "It's ON!" Music to my ears. I really didn't want to serve Kentucky Fried chicken (I was praying they were open) to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, ha! LG drew placemats for everyone along with a note saying that she was thankful for them. The girls also went out and collected leaves, sticks and berries for our centerpiece. They also set the table and helped me cook...such great little helpers!

After lunch, we watched a little football, enjoyed more conversation and then everyone, but me, took off for a walk around the block. It was a beautiful warm day & I enjoyed opening the doors and cleaning up while everyone was gone :).

I am truly thankful for our family, friends and terrific undeserved blessings that the Lord has given us.

No comments: